Tuesday, July 01, 2008

IF THIS WORLD WERE THE BOOK


When I came back from the far country

your gold beneath my tongue, yes

I fell again to loving

all the first things. I saw

through my half open door

the white lilacs glowing, entire

tangled constellations of lovers

clustered on each branch, and


through the windows of your body

my dear hell or that lost map

to heaven. I surrender, my life.

Stay me here with plain words.


If this world were the book

I have been reading

over & over I was only

looking for that turned & returned


story: lovers, gold, the simple rain

my body the page you print yourself upon

1 Comments:

At March 04, 2009 5:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one I recognize as the "you" I have met in words elsewhere!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home