Monday, August 27, 2007

THE SUMMER OF THE EXIT



When the mustard bloomed

crayoning our wet hillsides

I thought I’d see you


you who walked out so long ago

one step into the drunken traffic

metal & flesh slammed together


a famous story

I couldn’t make sense of

whiskey burning my unkissed mouth


Love, here’s the delayed letter

full of marriage & longing

& escapades of small children


bright flowers moving

with each exhaled breath

on another morning in the summer


of the exit of paradise

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 15, 2007 11:16 AM , Blogger Jan said...

THis is VERY special. I loved it.

 
At October 04, 2007 9:42 AM , Blogger Marly Youmans said...

Exit of Paradise:
This could be a title for a certain group of your poems...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home